We generated personas to create reliable and realistic representations of our key audience segments for reference. We used analytic information from our users to discover the primary user group. We conducted interviews to focus on the needs and expectations of our primary user group. These interviews aided in uncovering the features and functionality required by our users. We gave these personas a background, goals, and personal values.
The results of our persona gave us a list of feature ideas for stakeholders. They helped in architecting wireframes and labels. Gave the designers ideas for look and feel. The personas also helped in writing content that was appropriate for our audience.
The Kiosk Experience is now a blended experience between a proprietary software called kic app and our web experience. The change for the kiosk flow is that we’ve integrated an album view and added a print editing screen just for prints in the kic app to enhance the simplicity of the process. This allows us to utilize the performance of the native hardware in our kiosk to transfer pictures, offer additional capabilities, and to organize complex photo management scenarios.
The new kiosk flow diagram consists of 5 main screen areas
Upon architecting the behavior model, we then developed wireframes of each screen so that we could begin to craft the layout and structure of each step in the user flow. Having completed all screens in Omnigraffle, we saved the screens to Marvel to create quick interactive demos to test button locations for usability. One of which can be found here: Marvel test scenario (When asked to select items, please use select all buttons)
We took our interactive wireframe demos and conducted user testing via usertesting.com. We wrote several scenarios that we wanted users to follow. Because the demo was very limited due to the simplistic tools available in Marvel, we wanted see where they were moving their fingers, or listening to their audio feedback of their thought process. This illuminated several design changes and led to a streamlined successful and efficient final process.
Created mockups that Chinese development team used to create site